Monday, June 25, 2012

Portrait of Vivian German

Lianne's (my girlfriend) boss retired this passed Sunday. So she thought it was a good idea for me to paint a portrait of her to give her as a little retirement gift. I agreed. It took me a total of 10 1/2 hours to complete this portrait. I broke a palette knife in the process only to ingeniously re-fashion it onto the end of an exacto knife handle. I was truly proud of that moment.   
     This is a portrait of Vivian German, the director at the Child Care Center at Riviera Presbyterian Church in South Miami. Her retirement party was yesterday and my portrait was there to greet everyone as they walked into the banquet hall. I'll later post some more process pics. I like the blue under-painting better but I wasn't going to leave her looking like a smurf.

Acrylic 12x16

No comments:

Post a Comment