Thursday, April 5, 2012

Old stuff



Here are some thing I never got around to posting or thought they weren't good enough to post at the time. I've realized that just because I don't feel attached to or accomplished with a piece doesn't mean I shouldn't show the world. Hmmm, let me rephrase that: I didn't think these deserved a spot in my holy blog of art (sarcasm) but, in retrospect I feel work is work. An update is an update and being human is ok. Sometimes. :)
Acrylic. The above piece was an assignment in George Pratts illustration class. The goal was to paint a "Slice of Life" of Sarasota with 2-3 tones in each object/shape. For example, the man's skin is painted with two colors only, the shirt is two colors, the tree bark, the leaves, grass etc. My favorite part is the shadow under the bench.


Graphite on canvas paper.
This is a drawing of the model in Robin Cody's Figure painting class. It was a kind of free day so I decided to do a drawing instead of a painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment